Sunday, April 29, 2018


Blog 04/23/18 to 04/29/18

Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019.  I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff.  I will be available for consultation.  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

BARN CAT BASH – SUNDAY, June 3, 2018, 5:30 pm
Bistecca in Highland Village – Reservations Required
Call 972-315-2875 or Email info@barncats.org

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Nothing This Week
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Cats with an Elderly Mother
OMG (Oh My God):  Booboo – My Big Orange Tabby – RIP! 
Elder Care Center Shed:  UPDATE each week!  15 Cats Placed

Relocations:   I placed 16 this week.               
1          Backyard in Van Alstyne (Diamond)
4          Playhouse in Sunset (Moe, Pauli, Frittata, Clem)
4          Shed in Justin (Decklin, Flynn, Hayden, Robin)
7          Adoption Group (Bandit, Zoey, Fern, Tesla, Jubilee, Phantom, Bart)

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Wylie:  This is the horse boarding facility that only wanted females.  I placed Elisa, Karma, Megan, Muffin, Pita, River, and London at this location.  They have all spread out on the property to the main barn, the hay barn, and the arena and all but one have been spotted.  One has even turned friendly! 

Calls/Emails:   Nothing This Week
You know – if you take care of this when one or two show up then you do not get to have a “bunch”.  I recommend a person who might be able to help this woman but WE DO NOT DO TRAPPING.  She just kept repeating the problem – but I am not the person to help you!   If your car breaks down, you do not go to your dentist to have it fixed.  THIS IS THE SAME THING!    
                                   
BMG:   Cats with an Elderly Mother
Received calls from both the mother and the daughter-in-law on this issue.  The call came in on Friday and she is MOVING ON MONDAY!  Hummm!   The cats are all 5 years old and are litter mates.  Their shots are out of date but the daughter-in-law will get that done on Monday and bring them here.  Glad I had caging available!  You know – my first question to the place I am moving to was “What is your pet limit?”  Guess all people don’t think like me.  

OMG:  Booboo – My Big Orange Tabby – RIP!
My Booboo suddenly got sick on Wednesday evening and died overnight.  We had just made it to the vet before they closed at 7 pm and he was given fluids and some drugs for a nerve issue.  They said to put him in a cage so he could not fall off the bed, etc. so I did that.  He was in his favorite bed in a cage and looked comfortable when I went to bed.  He passed away before 1:30 am when I checked on him.  He was 15 years old and the only one of my personal cats that I have had since a kitten.  REST IN PEACE – BOOBOO!   I MISS HIM A LOT! 


 
Elder Care Center Shed:  Update each week! 15 Cats Placed  
The final cats were placed there this week.  Here are some inside shots.       










   Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment