Monday, October 17, 2011

July 11, 2011 - July 17, 2011

Relocations this Week
Update: MANY KITTENS from Valley View
Mobile Vet in Mesquite or Garland declawed a Feral Cat!
Van Shopping

RELOCATIONS: We placed a total of 9 this week:
1 to Aubrey
8 to the SPCA (6 kittens and 2 adults)

Well, it is just too hot these days for relocations. I have to be very careful of ventilation in the barns that are usually positioned to take advantage of natural air flow. I also want them to have a fan…but some barns do not even have electricity.

MANY KITTENS: 6 kittens went to the SPCA this week along with 2 adults (one was a mom to some of the kittens – Pearl – a calico with Turkish Van type coloring). She is very sweet. I was glad to see some of these kittens get to be 2 lbs. It has been a struggle! We have 10 left.

Mobile Vet: I received a call this week wanting me to take a feral cat. I agreed but the vet work needed to be done, first! So, they took her to a mobile vet AND (by accident) they DECLAWED HER! The folks were shocked when they picked her up. NOW WHAT? We cannot knowingly take a declawed cat. Those folks are going to have to keep her for the rest of her life. Geez – I thought I had heard everything.

Van Shopping: We have needed a new Barn Cat van for many months. The current Pontiac Montana overheats, the AC does not work well, and it now has over 194,000 miles on it. On Saturday, we went to Sam Pack Ford in Lewisville to drive the Transit Connect. It is wonderful and they gave us a good deal with even $1,000 for the old van. I need to get financing arranged this next week…but…this project is about to be over! YEAH!

Have a good week! Peg





Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment