Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 9, 2012 to April 15, 2012

Relocations and In Take – CHECK OUT THESE NUMBERS!
Poor Lucky


RELOCATIONS and In Take: WOW – 33 cats placed and 12 came in.
2 - Barn in the Crandall area
4 - To adoption groups
1 - Passed away (bummer!)
2 - Barn in Plano
3 - Barn in Fairview
3 - Barn in Fairview (just down the street from the first one)
14 - Barn in Flower Mound
4 - Barn in Sherman

I also picked up equipment in Leonard, Ector, and Coppell. I needed clean equipment to have enough for all those other relocations! GREAT PROBLEM TO HAVE!

Poor Lucky: I have been working for several months with a policeman in Dallas to remove 3 cats from an abandoned police sub-station. I took him 3 traps again a week or so ago. He immediately trapped “Lil’ Ninja” but has been unable to get the other 2. One, “Lucky”, a friendly, older tabby with long hair had disappeared for several weeks. Last Thursday, she reappeared but looked bad…??? He asked if I could come by and get her to a vet. I did that about 4:30 pm which put me in rush hour traffic in Dallas…not pretty! At All Care they tested her (negative), gave her fluids, and put her in a cage for the night. On Friday, a vet took a look and recommended we do a “wait and see” before giving her shots. I took her home with me on Friday afternoon and put her in a clean cage in my old cat room. She was eating and drinking and using the litter box and I gave her a rub whenever I was in the room. Sunday afternoon when she went downhill and I found her passed away about 6:30 pm on Sunday. I took her body to be cremated on Monday.

We do not know what was wrong but she was LUCKY that she was in a dry, safe, comfortable environment for her last several days rather than dying under that abandoned building in a rain storm. Maybe she was lucky after all! Rest in peace, “Lucky”.

Thanks for following the Barn Cat Blog. Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment