Thursday, April 12, 2012

December 12, 2011 to December 18, 2011

Relocations
OOPS!
Website Troubles

RELOCATIONS: 8 placed this week – pretty good for a holiday time!

3 To adoption groups
2 To a barn in Aubrey
1 To a barn in Aledo
2 To a barn in Sachse

OOPS!: I took a cat on Tuesday to Aledo. It is a good barn and they already have an 8-year old cat. “Sierra” came from the Tri-City Shelter (Desoto, Cedar Hill, Duncanville) – a kill shelter. I wanted to get her to Aledo on Tuesday because it was suppose to rain on Wednesday. I went into the cat room, packed her up and went on my way (about 1 hour) to Aledo. She did not make a sound which I thought was odd because she screamed all the way from the shelter just a week ago. The set up of the cage went fine and she went right into the hidey box at the barn.

That evening, I went into the cat room – and – there was Sierra! I had taken the wrong cat to Aledo! She did not scream in the car because it was the wrong cat! OH GREAT – now it is Wednesday and raining like “cats and dogs” as they say. I called the barn owner and admitted my mistake. Sierra is very social and Monkey (the wrong cat) is not that out-going. The barn owner had not seen Monkey from the time I had put her in the cage. Sierra went right into the cage, wandered around to get the “lay of the land” then stayed out to watch what was going on in the barn. Monkey is now GLAD TO BE HOME. Sierra: Enjoy your new home in Aledo!

Website Troubles: We have now moved out website but the pictures seem to be gone. We are working to re-do it all anyway. NEW FORMAT COMING SOON!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

See you guys next week and thanks for following the Barn Cat Blog. Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment