Thursday, April 12, 2012

March 26, 2012 to April 1, 2012

Relocations and In Take
March Close Out
Barn Cats, Diamonds, and Cops – OH MY!
Texas Bluebonnets


RELOCATIONS and In Take: YES – FINALLY! We placed 22 this week but drove literally all over North Texas. In take was at 15 – we are still ahead!
4 Courtyard in Midlothian
4 Barn in Santo
2 Barn in Aubrey
2 Back Porch and Barn in Aledo
4 Barn in Dublin
6 Mom and kittens taken into the foster program at the SPCA of Texas (THANKS)

Nancy and I were out from 9 am to 4 pm on Tuesday with the Midlothian (south of Dallas) to Santo (west of Weatherford). It was a long day and the traffic was miserable.
183 Under Construction (mid-cities)
114 Under Construction (north of DFW Airport)
820 Under Construction (north of Ft. Worth)
I20 Under Construction (at Weatherford)
On Saturday, I did Aubrey at 10 am (east of Denton), Aledo (west of Ft. Worth), and Dublin (south of Stephenville). The Aledo to Dublin drive was L-O-N-G. I got home at 9:15 pm. The Aledo folks were not home until 2:30 – so their set up was scheduled for 3. That put the drive home from Dublin into the evening. At least the traffic has died down by that time.

March Closeout: To have started out so slowly, March turned into a pretty good month with 55 placed in 11 counties:
Colin Denton Fannin Palo Pinto
Cooke Erath Grayson Parker
Dallas Ellis Hunt

Barn Cats, Diamonds, and Cops: On Wednesday, I took 3 traps into downtown Dallas to meet a policeman who is trying to capture 3 cats whose shelter is being destroyed. He asked me to leave and return to see if he could catch any of them right now. I had to go about a mile north to deliver a trap to a lady who was meeting me in a Fiesta parking lot. I turned into the lot only to see 4 police cars in front of the grocery store. I went to the back of the lot to meet the lady, gave her the trap, and continued back to meet the policeman. When I got there, he DID catch one cat (Little Ninja) so I packed her up into the truck to go to get her shots updated. She is already spayed. Anyway, I asked him about the cop cars at the Fiesta. A robbery had just occurred at a jewelry store and the robber had run into the Fiesta! Geez – a little excitement for us barn cat folks.

Texas Bluebonnets: OH MY GOD! They were beautiful on Saturday on the Weatherford to Dublin drive. I had not seen any at the Shreveport drive the Sunday before….guess they are more prevalent around the DFW area and more central Texas. Ennis is where the Bluebonnet Festival is held each year. They have entire fields of them – REALLY GEORGEOUS!

OK – hope the good placement record continues!

Thanks for following the Barn Cat Blog. Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment