Thursday, April 12, 2012

February 27, 2012 to March 4, 2012

Relocations and In Take
February 2012 Close Out
2006 Cats taken to Ovilla


RELOCATIONS and In Take: Snooze – soooooo slow! I placed only 1 cat this week. I tell folks if they can find a barn for their cat(s), they go to the top of the list and their cat gets placed in their barn. That happened on Saturday. A lady found placement for her cat in Valley View (south of Gainesville), so I went there to put up a cage so “Tabitha” can had a good relo. At least no other cats came in!

February 2012: We placed 39 in February in 5 counties:
Dallas Collin Bryan, OK
Ellis Dallas

39 is about average for February.
2008 41
2009 69
2010 25
2011 9

Ovilla: I spoke with a barn owner in Ovilla south of Dallas. She asked how to get her barn cat we placed with her in 2006 to the vet to get shots updated. A trap is the only answer – but it was good to hear that one or our cats has lasted 6 years at their barn home. We always wonder…

Rats not yet Running: I asked the barn owner in Ovilla if she is seeing any rodents yet this year….NO…NOT YET! I think this is why we are not getting any barn calls.

I have completed the list of newspapers for the Barn Cat Press Releases distribution. I still need to call some that do not have emails addresses listed on the internet. BUT – at least the list is done!

Thanks for following the Barn Cat Blog. Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment