Thursday, April 12, 2012

February 13, 2012 to February 19, 2012

Relocations and In Take
Relocation – I don’t think so!
You have got to be kidding!
Donkeys

RELOCATIONS and In Take: Placed 19 this week plus in-take was held to 4. YEAH! I had 2 additional to go to adoption – but – they both started sneezing. BUMMER!

6 Barn in Allen
4 TNR’ed to Dallas
2 Barn in Durant
7 Trade to an Adoption Group

Relocation – I don’t think so! We went to Pilot Point on Monday afternoon for a relocation scheduled for 1 pm. We took 3 cats. The appointment had been reset 2 other times…I understand that. All our schedules change. Nancy and I arrived with the 3 cats at 12:50 – 10 minutes early. When we called the barn owner, she said “I am just getting into the shower…it will be about 30 minutes.” OK – we proceeded to the area where the barn is located. t was raining but we made it on a paved road. We were followed by a large, Akita-looking dog who continued to bark and bark and circle our truck. OK – I’m not getting out until the barn owner gets here. 40 minutes later, she calls. “I’ll be there shortly…getting dressed now.” At the one hour point, I turned the truck around and headed for the front gate. I called her on the way out. “I just have all this long hair and it takes a long time to dry.” WHAT? IT IS RAINING OUT HERE! Anyway – “Call us if you decide you need cats.” HA! An average relocation takes 30 to 45 minutes and we have already waited an hour and placed no cats. Anyone who is worried about their hair on a rainy day, will not be good about taking care of our cats when they are in that cage for our 2-week relocation period. NO WAY! The cats went back home with us.

You Have Got to be Kidding: A guy called last week. He started to describe the situation but I was getting lost. I finally went into my office to get paper to take notes. It appears that a cat had 4 kittens 4 months ago. He took the kittens and placed them in his laundry room…but…he did nothing but feed them. So, 4 4-month old kittens who are not socialized and will soon be reproducing with each other…plus the mom (an outside cat) is pregnant again, of course. When I told him we could not take the kittens (hawks and owls look for rabbits and rodents and a kitten looks like a small rabbit) AND that mom had to be sterilized, he hung up on me. Folks want to wait until a problem reaches a critical point, even if it takes months and expect a rescue organization to swoop in and resolve his situation YESTERDAY. Well, couldn't do it this time.

Donkeys: The SPCA of Texas in Dallas has donkeys for adoption. Call them if you need one.

I’m still working on the Press Releases for Barns. Thanks for following the Barn Cat Blog. Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment